Family Law


In Florida courts, divorce is referred to as “dissolution of marriage.”

First Neighborhood Law Firm can represent persons in Florida divorce cases, whether the case is simple or complex.

Our firm’s policy is “no surprises” when it comes to our fees and expenses. You should be able to trust your lawyer’s billing as much as you trust his legal advice.

It is always free to speak with our office, in person or on the phone

Family Law

Paternity Suits

First Neighborhood Law Firm can represent men claimed to be the father of a child born out-of-wedlock. Currently, we are only accepting representation in paternity cases where the case has been or will be filed in Miami-Dade or Broward counties, in Florida.

If you are sued in a paternity suit, you need an attorney that you can trust to defend you. Call us to schedule an appointment for a confidential discussion of the case.

There is never a charge for an initial consultation.

Most paternity suits filed today are filed by attorneys representing women for free, and paid for by the government. It usually costs nothing for a woman to make a claim in court about the father’s identity.

Publicly paid attorneys bringing the claim usually expect little or no opposition.

In paternity cases, the man without an attorney can often feel as though his fate is sealed and that the only attention he will receive in the process will be instructions forcing him to hand over his personal income records; child support obligations calculated by formula; and being told that he is already many thousands of dollars behind in support payments on the date of the court’s first decision.

You could be getting sued by a woman you trusted to have intimate relations only with you, now she’s had the baby and you’ve broken up, and you have (or should have) your doubts.

You could be finding out that a woman you met once years ago had a child who is now school age and you were never told.

Whatever the circumstances, you owe it to yourself, the child and the mother to be absolutely certain about who the father is before you agree to the legal consequences of a paternity judgment.

Did you know that if you agree to a final judgment finding you to owe child support, that even DNA test results showing you were not the father will probably not be enough to stop your obligation to pay support until the child reaches 18 ?

Child Support

First Neighborhood Law Firm may be able to help you if:

  • You are owed child support payments and have been unable to collect them on your own or with the help of the Child Support Enforcement agencies used by the State of Florida.
  • You owe, or are claimed to owe, child support payments, are being threatened with contempt of court or by attempts to collect a judgment against your assets or wages, and are concerned that you do not owe the amounts claimed or that you were not given credit for support actually given.
  • You need the amounts awarded in a Court Order for child support to be modified, either up or down, because a significant change in financial circumstances or change in the child’s needs has taken place since the child support order was entered.
  • You need the amounts awarded in a Court Order for child support changed because the living arrangements for the child have changed significantly and the original division of support responsibility is no longer fair.
  • You have learned new information which indicates that a child support order was calculated incorrectly or unfairly.


First Neighborhood Law Firm may be able to help you if:

  • You are owed back alimony payments and can’t collect them on your own.
  • You owe back alimony payments, or your ex says you do, and you have received court papers or were threatened with court action.
  • A Court Judgment was entered against you for unpaid alimony and you may have assets seized or wages garnished in collection proceedings.
  • You have been notified that a Florida Court is beginning contempt proceedings against you for non-payment of alimony.
  • You are unable to pay the alimony ordered because of financial, health or income changes.
  • You need a Court Order terminating your alimony obligations because of a remarriage or other event which should alter your future responsibilities.